Using Galaxy tab as a phone.
I had written an article on how to use an android tablet like galaxy tab as a phone. I found out that lots of people wanted to do more with their galaxy tab or other tablets, like making phone calls over wifi. The were looking for using Galaxy tab to make outgoing calls or searching for galaxy tab apps for incoming calls. Even though I have already discussed several options in the link above, More queries are coming in asking about how to use your galaxy tab as a phone. Using galaxy tab as a phone full time is possible but a user taking that decision has to keep the following things in mind.
For learning how to use your galaxy tab in more ways than you imagined, read this book
- If you use your galaxy tab as a phone (or any other tablet), the battery will run out of juice quickly. If possible try to plug in while using galaxy tab as a phone for longer period of time. Go through this article on how to save battery life for galaxy tab.
- Galaxy tab can be used as a phone in both wifi and 3g. But using it in 3G will have a big impact on your data usage and will cause higher charges.
- Galaxy tab users in UK have the ability to use the device as a phone out of the box. But for some reasons, in US Samsung decided not to include this option
- There are tons of VOIP services (both paid and free) which are available to use with galaxy tab. Do not pass the VOIP soft phone numbers assigned to your galaxy tab for important contacts. You will never know when these services cease to be free and you will get in trouble. Consider the possibility of creating a Google voice number and linking that number to the VOIP soft phone number.
Nettalk android app for making phone calls in USA
As discussed in the link above, Nettalk android app is the best app available to place outgoing calls from your galaxy tab for free. Here is the mobile Nettalk site if you reading this post via mobile. Nettalk is Free and boasts the following features.
- Free calling to the US and Canada
- Record conversations
- Connectivity through WiFi / 3G / Edge
- Import your contacts from your phone
- Receive customized support through 611
- Dial 2663 for FREE conference calling bridge
- Free 411 Directory Assistance
For a mobile user or galaxy tab user who want to make NetTalk work for them, follow the steps.
- Visit m.nettalk.com to create your netTALK Smartphone Account.
- Download and install the netTALK Smartphone App on your mobile device.
- Use the username and password you created to login to the netTALK smartphone App.
- Call your friends for free and invite them to do the same.
Other options to consider for using Galaxy tab as your phone.
Fring app for making calls from galaxy tab
Fring is a free app which allows you to make free calls with other users on fring enabled devices. If the person who you are calling is a Fring user, you can talk to them for FREE for an unlimited period of time. But if you want to call land lines or other mobile which doesn’t have Fring, then you will have to purchase the fring out credit. I have personally purchased fring out credit to make calls and the call quality is really good. Also if you charge for $10, it will not expire for an year.
Ring2Skype to receive incoming calls to galaxy tab
If you just want to use your galaxy tab for incoming calls, then Ring2skype is the best option for you. If you have a skype for android app installed, you just need to go to Ring2skype.com and register with your skype id. You will be given a phone number and an extension. If you call that number you skype app installed in your galaxy tab will start to ring and you can start talking.
Incoming search terms:
- app for using phone on galaxy tab
- how to use galaxy tab 4 as a phone
- galaxy tab
- use galaxy tab 4 as a Phone
- how to use phone number for galaxy tab s
- samsung galaxy tab 2 phone call
- galaxy tab 3 voip
- use samsung galaxy tab as phone
- using a tab 3 as a phone
- using galaxy tab 4 as phone